World Electric Vehicle (EV) Day is a global movement. It is a day of celebration of e-mobility and it is a day to shift the transition to sustainable transport with consumer, business and policy outcomes.
World EV Day was an initiative created by sustainability media company Green TV. The first World EV Day, in 2020, was a great success, and according to their website, since then, “World EV Day transitioned from being a campaign into a proper global movement.” World EV Day 2020 had a global audience reach of 1.9 billion people on TV, 197 million impressions on Twitter, and 21.8 million conversations on Facebook!
World EV Day also works alongside Green TV’s EV Summit to host high level business and policy events, bringing the world’s e-mobility leaders together to discuss the key narratives driving electrification and sustainable transport forwards.
This year, World EV Day was mentioned in the UK parliament, and celebrated by the White House’s top climate advisor.
Did you know?
There are now 50 times more EV’s on UK roads than there were in 2012.
It is estimated that by 2040 there will be 1 billion electric vehicles on our roads.
Do you know what the best selling Electric Vehicle in the world is?
E Bikes have surged in popularity over the last few years and are now the most popular form of electric transport. As these are more nimble than larger vehicles, they are expected to outsell all cars by as soon as 2025.
Why buy an Electric Car?
- Zero carbon emissions
- You never have to worry about fuel shortages
- The driving ranges are better than ever
- Charging infrastructure is rapidly growing
- On average EV’s cost a quarter of the price to run compared to petrol or diesel cars
- They have lower maintenance costs than diesel or petrol cars
- They are fun and easy to drive
- Electric cars are becoming more affordable
- Electric cars have high resale values
- You can lease or subscribe to a monthly plan