Jacks Magic All Purpose Compost blends the finest 100% natural ingredients to create a pure and balanced growing medium, which produces super, natural growth and exceptional health for plants and blooms all over your house and garden.
- Rich peat-based compost
- Great for seed sowing & potting on
- Use in beds, borders & containers
- Perfect medium for flowers, fruits & vegetables
- Comes in a 60 Litre Bag
What is Jacks Magic Compost?
Jacks Magic All Purpose Compost is a specially formulated, peat-based compost enriched with organic fertiliser to feed your plants for the first 4-5 weeks of planting. Contains a seaweed extract that improves germination, improves root development and enhances flower, fruit and vegetable quality.
How do I use it?
Rework the compost between your hands, so it regains its intended structure. Then you're all set!
Some Tips from Jack:
- Fill a seed tray with compost and firm gently.
- Sow seeds to the depth and spacing mentioned on the seed packet. Many seeds have specific germination advice which should be followed.
- Water compost after sowing seeds. Covering the seed tray with polythene or glass will help to stop the compost from drying out.
- Keep trays in a warm area, away from direct sunlight until seeds germinate.
- Once seeds have germinated, remove the polythene/glass and keep soil moist.
- Prick out seedlings once large enough to handle. Hold the seedling by the leaves to avoid damage and gently tease the roots from the compost using a dibber or pencil.
- Space seedlings to allow for vigorous growth. Water regularly until the seedlings are ready to be potted on.
- Before potting, water plants well and allow to drain.
- Choose new containers that are clean, have good drainage and enough space for root growth.
- Put the plant in the new container and fill the space with new compost.
- Water well and allow to drain.
- Fill a pot or tray with compost and firm gently.
- Prepare the cutting according to the specific needs of the plant.
- Generally, removing the bottom leaves and creating a sloping cut in the stem close to the joint will make a good cutting.
- Make a hole in the compost with a dibber or pencil, place the cutting in the hole and firm the compost around it.
- Place in a warm spot away from direct sunlight.
Container & Hanging Baskets:
- Line the basket and fill with compost. Plant with trailing plants around the outside the upright plants in the middle.
- Water well.
- Re-seal the bag after you've used it.
- Store in a dry, frost-free place away from weedkillers and other chemicals.
- Not suitable for ericaceous (lime-hating) plants.
- Wear gloves before handling.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.