Westland Citrus Potting Mix is a specially blended mix offering free drainage and the perfect balance of nutrients for healthy citrus plants.
- Specialist blend containing water-retaining Seramis
- Acidic compost for root growth
- Nutrients for fruit development
- Loam based to retain nutrients
When To Use
Can be used all year round
How To Use
Citrus trees are best potted on in the Spring before they start active growth but they can be potted on any time during the summer.
- Choose a pot larger than the old one, ensuring it has adequate drainage holes
- Cover the base of the pot with crocks to ensure good drainage
- Place a layer of potting mix in the bottom of the pot and gently tap the old plant from its pot
- Fill in around the edges with more Citrus Potting Mix ensuring the top feeder roots are covered with 2cm of fresh potting mix
- Water well and keep in light shade for a few weeks to allow roots to grow
- Water thoroughly when required using rainwater where possible
- Do not allow plant to stand in water
- Spraying the plants daily with water will keep them cool and encourage pollination of flowers
- Citrus plants are hungry plants and require regular feeding during the growing season
- Westland Citrus Potting Mix will supply your plants with all the nutrients they need for the first 6 weeks
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.