Formed from ceramic clay pebbles, Westland Hydroleca granules have a month, dense outer skin and honeycomb interior. They absorb water and release it slowly making them ideal for use as a decorative pot topper, in pots for rocking and lining greenhouse benches.
- Decorative pot topper for indoor and outdoor use
- Granules absorb water and slowly release it
- Protects from over-watering and creates a beneficial micro-climate
- Ideal for crocking and improving humidity
When To Use
Can be used anytime throughout the year, both indoors and outdoors.
How To Use
- Sprinkle a layer of Hydroleca onto the compost surface of pots, containers, window boxes and tubs
- It can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Place the plant pot on a layer of Hydroleca which will absorb water and release it slowly to prevent root damage caused by the pot standing in water
- The humid micro-climate create around the plant is especially beneficially in centrally heated homes
Crocking and Potting Up
- For crocking, put a handful of Hydroleca in the bottom of pots and containers as crocks before filling with compost. This will provide good water retention and aeration, improving plant root growth and overall plant health.
- For lightweight pots and contains, add Hydroleca to potting compost in a ratio of one part Hydroleca to three parts compost to grow a wide range of plants, including small trees and shrubs.
- Fill a tray with a 2cm later of Hydroleca and place pots on top
- Keep the Hydroleca moist so that it gradually releases moisture to the plants placed on its surface and improves greenhouse humidity
Balconies and Roof Gardens
- Add Hydroleca to potting compost in a ration of one part Hydroleca to three parts compost for lighter weight containers to grow a wide range of plants, including small trees and shrubs
- Hydroleca can also be used as the drainage layer in a green roof planting of drought-tolerant plants such as sedums
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.