The A40 5 term Recessed Single Reed Magnetic Door Contact from Knight Fire & Security is ideal for placement on doors or windows to be wired into your intruder alarm system.
When wired into an intruder alarm system, these contacts will triger the alarm and sounder if the opening gap exceeds 14mm. As the contact creates a circuit in your security system, wire tampering or a forced break of the circuit elsewhere will also sound the alarm.
What is meant by the term Grade 1?
Grade 1 refers to the grade of intruder alarm system you have on the premises, especially if you are depending on the alarm system for insurance cover in your home or business. A Grade 1 Alarm basically means Low Risk, Intruders are expected to have little knowledge of the alarm system and may be resticted to a limited range of easily available tools.
Please note that this door contact requires a recess in the relevant door or window for installation and cable fitting.
- Flush Magnetic Reed Switch
- Grade 1 Door Contact Alarm Trigger
- 15mm Operating Threshold
- High Impact Polystyrene Construction
- Operating Gap: 14mm (Approx)
- Materials: High Impact Polystyrene
- Magnet: Ferrite or Alnico V
- Contact Material: Rhodium
- Voltage Range: 1 - 100v DC, 125v AC Max
- Switching Current: 500mA Max DC, 500mA Max AC
- Temperature Range: -40°C - +50°C
Installation of this product may require a Chisel Tool and Alarm Cable
Customer Reviews & Questions
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.